DEM Earth 3 for Cinema 4D from CINEMAPLUGINS.com
- Easily Generate dynamic Digital Elevation Models and georeference them in real-time to your world imagery.
- DEM Earth automatically downloads the data it needs to build the model you want. All you have to do is provide a Geographic coordinate.
- Easily Georefernce SAT images using industry standard World Files.
- Produce real-time interactive and dynamic landscapes which you can pan, zoom and animate and place anything on, in any way you want.
RELEASE 3 FEATURES
Geo Modifier – Map any polygon, spline or point based object onto DEM Earth.
Track Graph – Make an instant graph out of a gpx track, or any spline.
Poly Importer – Import country, county, regional borders using the osmosis poly format.
Smart Extruder – vastly improved. Better caps, better UVW mapping, less polygons.
Smart OSM – New Interpolation and surface offset settings, deliver what you need.
DEM Earth Object – improved UVW, to make baking, much easier.
RELEASE 2 FEATURES
- Smart OSM Object – * Easily download and manage OpenStreetmap data directly in DEM Earth.
- Smart Extruder Object – * A fast, intelligent building extruder, which works tightly with OSM Object and DEM Earth to produce great results.
*account functions linked to your product support
WHAT YOU GET
- DEM Earth Generator – A realtime landscape generator which automatically downloads and caches DEM data for you, for the entire world
- PinPoint Object – Used for placing any 3D object on DEM Earth landscape with ability to dynamically scale and move with the landscape
- Way Object – A flexible spline Generator for Visualizing paths between objects on the landscape
- Coverage Command – Visualize what DEM files your have already cached
- GeoPointConverter – together with the Tools4D OpenStreetMap importer,easily overlay massive OSM data sets onto DEM Earth
- GPX Importer – Easily import Tracks,Routes and Waypoints. Drag and drop your gpx file into C4D, DEM Earth does the rest.
- World File Import – drag and drop industry standard World files into C4D and DEM Earth will create the landscape for you and overlay your image automatically
- *ASC height Import – Embed super high res height, commercial DEM or DSM data, directly into DEM Earth, using industry standard ASC format (*Esri Grid, WGS84 geographic )
- Direct ASC import – *included. The only way there is, to get a super accurate, non-interpolated, high res landscape data into Cinema4D. This is how easy importing DEM data should be.
- Quickstart guide – Included
- Automatic 90m Dem data downloader – *Included
- Automatic 30m DEM Data downloader – *Included
- DEM Earth Image Downloader – *Included. Easily capture web-based images from a multitude of open sources, with unparalleled ease.
- GeoCoding Tool – *included. Both coding and inverse coding to get get coordinates from names, and names from coordinates.
*account functions linked to your product support
Current version is R3 – 3.10
This version is ready for R19 and fixes several missing tile servers.
Version 3.10 Aug 16th 2017
Fixed – a problem stopping DEM Earth from working fully with C4D R19.
Fixed – missing UV Coordinates, making baking textures a bit strange.
Fixed – missing Map Tile Servers.
Added – new map tile servers.
Fixed – various bugs and changes.
Q: Can I upgrade from DEM Earth 1 to DEM Earth 2?
A: YES. If your support is up to date, you can upgrade from R1 to R2. Contact email@example.com and ask how.
Q: What do I need to use DEM Earth?
A: Cinema4D R13, R14, R15 or R16 – OSX or Windows 64 bit and an Internet connection.
Q: Does DEM Earth download DEM Data for me?
A: Yes! DEM Earth automatically downloads 90m data based on the ASTGTM data set, for free. You can also get high res data from our server (where available) for more accurate terrain.
Q: Do I have to keep downloading data?
A: Initially, yes. But each tile (file) is downloaded and cached locally. So the next time you use this tile it is read from the local cache.
Q: Can I bake out my landscape?
A: Yes, you can easily convert your model to a standard polygon object.
Please Note: In order to generate a non-temporary, permanent serial number for this product, you will be asked to provide the first 11 digits of your Cinema 4D serial number. To locate your Cinema 4D serial number, in Cinema 4D choose Help – Personalise. Your serial number is located in the top right corner of the dialogue box.
Support for Tools4D plugins is via a free helpDesk at http://c4d.freshdesk.com
If you have any questions or suggestions relating to any of the plugins, please use this system. It is ticket based so simply log-in, ask a question or make a suggestion and Tools4D will be able to help.
It is very important that if you are buying a multi-license, you must purchase the the amount of licenses that your license permits. For example, if you have a 10 user license, you must purchase 10 licenses. You cannot buy 1 license if you have 10 user license.
Version 3.08 Nov 18th 2015
Fixed- a problem preventing old scenes loading with 3.07, if they contained embedded height data
Improved – increased the maximum area of a GPX track to 1000km
Version 3.07 Nov 17th 2015
Changed – prefs password is now masked after entry
Added – prefs option “Center After Embed” decide if DEM earth should center on your embed data, when you add it.
Added – custom server to prefs.Use your image server with DEM Earth.
Fixed – some issues with gradient refresh.
Improved – gradient height values can now go below zero (needed for bathemetry)
Improved – Massive speed up with DEM Earth tile extraction.
Fixed – multiple minor issues.
Version 3.01 Oct 7th 2015
SMART OSM – new setting “Levels” imports building levels, where available, and reflects this in the extruder.
SMART OSM – finds more height values.
SMART Extruder– got a new “Levels” setting.
SMART Extruder– Status update bar.
Several bug fixes and improvements.
Version 3.00 Sept 10th 2015
New – Geo Modifier – Map any polygon, spline or point based object onto DEM Earth.
New – Track Graph – Make an instant graph out of a GPX track, or any spline.
New – Poly Importer – Import country, county, regional borders using the osmosis poly format.
Improved – Smart Extruder – vastly improved. Better caps, better UVW mapping, less polygons.
Improved – Smart OSM – New Interpolation and surface offset settings, deliver what you need.
Improved – DEM Earth Object – improved UVW, to make baking, much easier.
Lots – of minor bug fixes and improvements 🙂
Version 2.72 APR 3rd 2015
Changed – Prevent DEM Earth objects from refreshing when changing image loader settings. Feels much better.
Fixed – GPX Loader was broken.
Version 2.70 Mar 31st 2015
Added – Console info showing which plugins loaded correctly.
Fixed – Issues with ASC embedding.
Solution – Pre 2.61 files containing an OSM Object wont load. See this solution..
Fixed – Strata, UV’s where upside down.
Fixed – bug causing height data to try to re download when opening a scene.
Fixed – bug stopping the loading of any height data, when downloads are turned off.
Added – Image re projection- This resolves all alignment issues when mapping large areas. Image overlays are now perfect, no matter how large the area is !
Version 2.61 Mar 17th 2015
Massive speedup for 90m data access (up to 10 x faster downloads)
Improved – ASC embedding and fixed some refresh bugs, when changing between data-sets.
Added – BingMap Layer (More info here..)
Added – UVW coordinates. Makes it much easier to transfer DEM Earth to external engines (such as unity)
Improved – OSM Importer. Added the ability to import custom OSM data, exported from global mapper, or other apps, where reference ID’s have negative numbers.
Improved – OSM Importer. Now uses double longs, which is now essential as the osm database has become huge.
Added – TR Support (More Info here..)
Added – Disclaimer for Image downloads.
Improved – Downloading Performance.
Added – Several new image layer links, including the awesome Tweetmap.
Fixed – A distortion problem, as coordinates move away from the equator. Causing an undesirable latitude stretch.
Improved – sloppy texture updating in editor on child objects when stacking multiple DEM Earth objects.
Added – Rounding setting. This lets you turn the good old square DEM Earth, into a round DEM Earth. (bit slow in this version but i’m working on it)
Changed – Abstraction now only effects above sea level.
Added – Proxy Settings to prefs.
Added – secure SSL connection to license, and height data servers.
Fixed – An issue preventing the strata being built after object was turned off.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)